Full Time, Permanent
June 26, 2020
MarkLogic Database Architect
- Manages major projects that involve providing professional support services and/or the integration, implementation and transition of large, complex systems.
- Provides design and development solutions and is responsible for technical design and implementation of the architecture.
- Designs, develops and maintains infrastructure and backend applications.
- Provides expertise on defining the role of broadband and wireless applications.
- Provides definition of current State architecture blueprints. Provides expertise with web servers, gateways, and application servers and content management systems.
- Provides experience in web application technologies and middleware solutions.
- Researches new technologies and products for their applicability to business processes.
- Must be able to compare various solutions and determine the one which best fits the need.
- Ensures that development efforts are well planned and in agreement with standards.
Required Candidate profile
- 5 years of MarkLogic (v8 or v9) development & architecture – primary design and development
- 3 years of MarkLogic Data modeling
- 3 years of XQuery coding in MarkLogic
- 5 years of XML technologies (such as XSLT, XPath and XQuery)
- 5 years experience with semantic and coding queries
- Worked on most stages of the Software Development Life Cycle and have essayed roles including analysis during requirements gathering, prioritizing tasks, design, onsite coordination, Coding, Unit testing, implementation, and support.
- Responsible for deployment. Mandatory skills as MarkLogic Developer : NoSQL database design and principles (specifically as it applies to MarkLogic)
- Strong experience on development using XQuery, XML and XSLT in MarkLogic Strong knowledge in MarkLogic content ingestion & transformation techniques Strong knowledge in MarkLogic search APIs and features Experience with XML schema / content modeling in MarkLogic
- Experience in implementing MarkLogic application deployment framework using Roxy or Gradle Experience in tools like Data Hub Framework, MLCP, Corb, XQSync Knowledge on semantic triples storage and query within MarkLogic Deep knowledge of MarkLogic performance / scaling concepts and tuning best practices Knowledge of Cluster administration and management as well as architecting, designing and implementing software solutions Range index and other required indexes Cluster configuration
- Knowledge on deploying, managing and developing with MarkLogic clusters : Replication and Fail-over
- Working knowledge on Data Governance, Marklogic best practices and design principles
- Designing and developing code, scripts and data pipelines that leverage structured and unstructured data integrated from multiple sources
- Installing and configuring Mark Logic software
- Developing strong and effective working relationships with customers and internally with other consultants and teams.
- Collaborating with clients to define future MarkLogic based applications
- Experience with various architectures/technologies including J2EE, JSON, XML, XSLT, SOA/Web Services, SQL, HTML, HTTP
- Experience with XML and related technologies (XSLT and/or XQuery)
- 5+ years working in Information Technology related field preferably with Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Data Architecture or Data Integration related technologies
- 1 year of development experience in Big Data related technologies on Hadoop, MarkLogic, etc.
- 2 years implementing relational data models
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology related field